Wednesday 29 October 2014

Homemade Stained Glass

We were thinking about doing a wine glass holder above the bar and wanted some stained glass in it, but that stuff isn't cheap. I was in the dollar store and found this glass stain stuff by decoart. It was perfect!
I had a piece of frosted and tempered glassfrom an old shelf so i scribbled Lances last name on it (because one day that'll be my last name too, dammit!) Then i went over it with the"black leading"glass stain. This stuff allows you to create whatever design you want. It's fairly tricky to use if you're not steady handed but this is my practice piece as I have two of these pieces of glad kicking around.
Once you outline your design, let it dry for 24 hours and try to resist poking at it like I did.
Once it's dry you can use whatever glass stain colors you like. It was a lot of fun to make and I can't wait to start on the real one that we'll use in the bar!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all! :)