Thursday 26 May 2011

Bummed out.

I had my follow-up appointment with the surgeon yesterday, and even though he had said earlier that my right tube is suitable for reversal, he said that he doesn't think it'll be very successful.  He said that i'd only have a 60% chance of becoming pregnant after and doesn't feel that is a high enough chance, so he's suggesting in-vitro fertilization.  Needless to say, I had nightmares about it all last night. 

Why would a Dr suggest that I have my tubes tied at 22 years old, when I only have two children?  I understand that they wanted to do it for medical reasons and they had exhausted all of the other options, but why would they cut the tubes so short that reversal is unlikely?  =(  I was young and unmarried. 

I guess I need to read up on IVF a little more so that Lance and I can make informed decisions to see if we're going to try that, or stubbornly go ahead with a reversal that may not work and could cost us $6000.  *cry*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all! :)